Have you ever thought to yourself: “Wow, I really wish I could have completely natural mulch delivered right to my door in massive quantities that could support my dream for a larger than life garden?” If so, you will be happy to know that there’s a website that can make all of your ginormous mulching dreams come true: and it’s Chip Drop.
So why did we look into Chip Drop and end up falling in love with it? Well, it’s a really unique idea where arborists can deliver giant piles of mulch to gardeners around the city- and it’s completely free for the gardener.
My wife and I were completely redoing a large area of our garden, approximately 20×20 square feet. We signed up for Chip Drop and our free mulch was delivered within days. I was truly dumbfounded at how simple the process was and how quickly it worked!
What is Chip Drop?
Your first and most important question is obviously going to be what is Chip Drop? It’s a great question and we’re here to break it down for you as best we can.
To put it simply, it starts out with an arborist that has simply too much mulch on their hands than they know what to do with. This mulch is completely made up of all natural materials- and every true gardener knows that mulch needs to be a culmination of all natural materials in order to work properly and actually add nutrients and enrichment to your garden.
Arborists will use this site to find individuals who are in need of excessive amounts of mulch- and that’s where the gardeners come into place. Gardeners in many cities (and soon to be a lot more, as the site continues to grow and become a powerhouse in the gardening industry) have the opportunity to sign up for ‘deliveries’ of this mulch from real arborists. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the amount of mulch will vary generously. Some deliveries will be as little as 4 yards, but the multitude of deliveries will be around a whopping 15 to 20 cubic yards- that’s a LOT of mulch!
As you can see, the process is pretty simple: you sign up at Chip Drop, make sure you have ample amount of space for the delivery (which is typically upwards of 15 cubic yards), and request a delivery. The arborist will bring his giant truck to unload in your specified area, and you can use this mulch in your own garden, save some for later, or spread it around to your neighbors.
The best part about Chip Drop is that it is completely free for the gardener accepting deliveries. You can, of course, pay a voluntary delivery fee if you’re feeling generous or possibly want to schedule a sooner delivery, but aside from that, you won’t have to spend a dime on this natural, nutritious mulch. However, arborists will need to pay $20 per dump. This can be offset by the gardener paying $20 at the time of delivery, and any more payment than $20 will be used as a credit for future dumps by the arborist. How cool is that!?
Who Should Use This Website, and Who Should Not?
Before anyone decides to sign up for a website, they need to know exactly who the website is designed for, and who might not find the website useful. We’re going to break down a list of the most important aspects of the website, and why this may or may not be beneficial to you. This will help you to make the ultimate decision before signing up and getting started and GetChipDrip.com!
- You need a LOT of mulch. Every gardener knows the importance of mulch. It adds moisture, nutrients, and essential materials that keep your garden growing big and strong with plenty of yield. However, with Chip Drop, you need to keep in mind that you will be receiving a lot of mulch. This might not be useful for someone who is operating a small scale garden- unless, of course, you have set it up with your neighborhood that everyone can come and get a piece of the prize for their garden.
- You have enough space for deliveries. So a ton of mulch sounds perfect for you and your needs, but you’re in an area where there is not a whole lot of room for dumping. In this case, using Chip Drop would not be ideal. You need a lot of space for deliveries, all of which should be placed in your yard or driveway. If you don’t have ample space for deliveries, the trucks won’t be able to stop; thus ruining the point of the entire delivery in the first place.
- You’re ready any time of day for delivery. So, one of the unique aspects about Chip Drop is that you don’t get to schedule your delivery, which means the trucks can essentially just show up with very little to no notice. This means that you need to be ready, basically, all the time, for a delivery. It’s okay if you can’t be home during the delivery, but you need to make sure that the space is obvious for the truck driver to dump on. Leave a ‘marker’ for the trucks to know exactly where to place the large quantities of mulch.
- You don’t know how to make your own mulch, and you might want logs. Mulch is not the easiest thing in the world to create. If you’re not handy with combining just the right materials for a nutrient-rich mulch, it’s quite pointless. If you find yourself having difficulties creating your own mulch, you might want to buy pre-made mulch that’s guaranteed to have 50% wood chips and 50% green materials, which is exactly what a powerhouse mulch requires. You also have the option of getting logs at your delivery- although this is completely optional to the user!
- You like free mulch. Good quality mulch- especially in mass quantities- can be a little bit pricey. If you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg buying mulch, then you will love Chip Drop because it’s free. Who doesn’t love free stuff, especially when it’s delivered right to your door and can be used for a long amount of time? Sounds like a winning combination.
Need to Know Information About Chip Drop
Of course you came here for an in-depth, thorough review of Chip Drop, so you are probably loaded to the top with questions. We’re going to go over some of the most important questions you might have about the website so you can know whether it’s a good choice for you and your needs or not.
Is the site easy to use?
I have to be honest with you- this is one of the easiest websites I have ever used. It’s easy to navigate through and there’s no excess fillers, no random pictures that have nothing to do with the website and their product, and no hassling ads. The website allows you to get exactly where you need to be with ease, and the website answers all your questions on there ‘Expectations of Service’ section. Navigating through this website allows you to find exactly what you’re looking for in a flash, which is imperative when you’re trying to find out information and get where you need to be without hassle.
Is the signing up process simple?
Much like the website itself, Chip Drop has a super easy signup process that only asks for a few short questions and you’re all set. They don’t go super in-depth about who you are, why you’re there, or what else you might need- simply put in your name, address, a password, and a few other bits and pieces of information and you will be on your way to obtaining your free mulch delivery!
What is the mulch made of?
As a fellow gardener, I know just how important it is to have quality mulch. You need a mulch that’s guaranteed to work on your garden, ensuring your plants are getting the right nutrients and moisture necessary to yield a heavy, big, and beautiful crop; and that’s another reason why we love Chip Drop. Their mulch is guaranteed to have 50% wood chips and 50% green material in every delivery. However, you may 5% of your mulch having brush, sticks, dirt, gravel, and trash. The sticks, dirt, and brush are fine, but you may have to remove the trash and gravel by hand.
There’s trash in the mulch?
Yes, sometimes trash makes its way into the mulch from one way or the other. However, don’t let that sway you from trying out Chip Drop. While some trash might weasel its way into the mulch, there will never be more than you can pick up with just two hands. This means clearing out the trash from your delivery is a cinch and won’t leave you overwhelmed with a batch of gross, trash-ridden product; ever.
What’s not allowed in the mulch?
As we mentioned before, mulch will always be made with 50% wood chips and 50% green materials. That’s because Chip Drop cares about quality and won’t allow any of the deliveries to have any of the following:
- Larger sized rocks that exceed 1 inch.
- Any types of wood species that the garden has specifically stated they do not want to receive. (Pretty cool you can customize your deliveries a bit, right?)
- Landscape materials such as dirt or grass clippings.
- Logs (Unless of course you have stated that you want deliveries including large pieces of logs).
- Construction materials such as plywood, nails, etc.
As you can see, Chip Drop ensures that your mulch is quality mulch that will actually enhance your garden both nutrient wise and in crop yield. You can feel confident and comfortable in the product, even though they’re delivered free right to your door.
How long does it take to get a delivery?
Well, here’s the trick part about this website: you never know when you are going to receive your delivery. This can be quite irritating for someone who likes to have things planned out and needs mulch quicker than it can be delivered. However! It’s important to note that some people receive their orders the same day they sign up for them. Others, on the other hand, may have to wait up to 6 weeks in order to receive their shipment. If your order takes an exceedingly long time, the website will ask you if you still want to be on the delivery list or not.
Most people will receive their delivery within 1 to 4 weeks. This can be due to a number of reasons, like the weather, the size of the city, and how many arborists are signed up with the program. As the website continues to grow, it is a hopeful prospect that delivery times will shorten up as more arborists and gardeners begin to use Chip Drop for all their large mulching needs.
Is it really free?
I know, I know; when you hear something is ‘free’, you start thing it must be a scam. But let me tell you this: Chip Drop is the real deal. Signing up is free. Getting a delivery of mulch is free. Everything is free. Of course, you can help out your arborist with $20 to help with their delivery fee, but that is entirely up to you and not required. If you want to sit back and enjoy your free mulch, there’s no problem at all!
If you are in need of large quantities of mulch and want a product that is high quality AND free, then Chip Drop may be a good website for you. Remember that you must have ample space for deliveries, and you need to be available around the clock for deliveries. Deliveries may take anywhere between 1 and 4 weeks, although it CAN be less or more time than this. It’s also important to remember that this website is completely free, but you have the option of giving $20 to the arborists delivery fee, although this is completely optional. If this website sounds like a site you could benefit from, hop onto to Chip Drop and sign up! The website is insanely easy to use, and signing up is even easier.