When it comes to creating our own compost for our garden, it becomes a tricky, time-consuming undertaking. You have to spend the time collecting the compost materials, turn them every week religiously, and ensure that you have the right chemical concoction for compost that will actually work. And in a world where hustle and bustle consumes our lives, it’s hard to find time to do everything necessary to create the perfect compost. So what can help? A compost tumbler.
In my opinion, the 50-Gallon Wheeled Compost Tumbler by Kotulas is the only way to go. Everything about this product is amazing for composting, from the unique recycled drum design complete with wheels for easy rolling, to the perfectly crafted construction that speeds up overall compost time.
Who needs a Compost Tumbler?
Not everyone needs a compost tumbler, especially if you’re working with a garden of a smaller scale. However, there is a multitude of gardeners out there who will find a compost tumbler incredibly beneficial to them and their gardening needs.
- You’re a busy individual. As mentioned beforehand, a lot of gardeners simply don’t have time during their busy schedules. With work, kids, classes, and other activities, it can be difficult to find time tending the garden and coming up with the compost ingredients. A compost tumbler helps as it will work quicker and easier to gather up materials, and you won’t have to use your hands to turn the compost every so often.
- You have back problems. If you suffer from any type of back pain you will find relief in using a compost tumbler. Using a compost tumbler means you no longer have to bend over or get on your knees to dig up the compost materials. You can simply roll over the materials and the tumbler will gather it automatically. This saves time AND effort, and leaves your back feeling fine.
- You want quicker compost. It should be noted that not all compost tumblers have the ability to speed up composting time, but a majority of them do thanks to the fact that they allow for accurate air circulation.
- You deal with an excess of grass clippings and other sappy materials. An overabundance of these materials in a regular compost will lead to a decomposition that produces sludge as well as smell. When these materials are placed in a compost tumbler, they are given more air to circulate and decompose at a slower rate. It doesn’t mean that you don’t need dry materials, just not as much.
- You enjoy tumbling. There is actually a lot of fun in tumbling! Seeing all of the extra materials lying around your garden, being swept up into the tumbler, and then turning the tumbler to your heart’s content is a gardener’s dream.
What to look for in a Compost Tumbler
There are three main things you should consider when buying a tumbler:
- It should be easy to turn. Otherwise, you’re going to spending extra time and energy trying to get your clippings off the garden and turning your compost regularly. A tumbler that is difficult to turn is essentially a pointless tumbler as it takes the simplicity out of making compost altogether.
- The tumbler should be large enough to be efficient. It shouldn’t be so large that it isn’t suitable for your garden, but make sure you have plenty of room to gather up a ton of clippings and material to make compost.
- The compost tumbler should be equipped with a set of wheels so it can be easily rolled around your garden. These things can be a challenge if they’re not designed with the ease of wheels, as you don’t want to try and pull something around your garden that’s rather bulky.
Why I recommend the 50-Gallon Wheeled Compost Tumbler by Kotulas
Out of all the compost tumblers on the market, I highly recommend the 50-Gallon Wheeled Compost Tumbler by Kotulas. There are so many positive and beneficial qualities found with this compost tumbler, and it’s bound to be a game changer in your garden as well.
Perfectly Crafted Design
One thing to love about the 50-Gallon Wheeled Compost Tumbler by Kotulas is the unique way in which it is designed. From front to back and inside, the perfectly crafted design ensures ease of use while also providing compost that is above adequate for a lush garden.
The frame of the compost tumbler is designed with a heavy-duty steel frame. This provides durability and stability for the tumbler, so you don’t have to worry about breaking or dents during the composting process. With a steel frame, the ability to use this compost tumbler for many years to come is a guarantee.
Extra Large 50-Gallon Plastic Drum
Aside from the steel frame, inside you will find the large recycled plastic drum that will hold onto your compost. It has the ability to hold a whopping 50 gallons of compost materials, which means you don’t have to worry about running out of space anytime soon. Taking care of your garden and creating a large stash of compost is a cinch when you have so much space. Added bonus? It’s made of recycled plastic, which is beneficial to the earth.
Set of Wheels for Easy Movement
To finish off the framework of this compost tumbler, you will find a set of wheels on the bottom. Why this is important, you ask? Because it makes rolling around the garden and collecting materials a cinch. When you’re done with the garden clippings, roll it right up to the back door and toss in some kitchen scraps to amplify your compost even further. The addition of wheels makes sure that collecting materials is easier than ever, and won’t cause any pain on your back or nuisance while collecting.
Built-in Mixing Fans
Not a whole lot of compost tumblers at this size will come provided with a handy built-in mixing fan; and if you don’t know the use of the mixing fan, you won’t care otherwise. So let me tell you about this handy device that will change the game of composting forever.
A built-in mixing fan can do something that no person or tumbler can do without spending a large quantity of time and effort: it breaks up clumps. And if you have ever tried to create compost before, you know that clumping is simply part of the process.
Most clumping occurs thanks to moist materials, sappy products, and basically just an overabundance of any clippings you get in your garden. The more product you put in, the more clumping you’re bound to end up with. And this is especially true later on down the road when you add in the moisture necessary for proper clumping.
That being said, you will find it very useful to have a built-in mixing fan that takes care of the clumping for you. This means you don’t have to spend time on de-clumping your compost, and you will be able to achieve perfect compost in a much shorter amount of time.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of the 50-Gallon Wheeled Compost Tumbler by Kotulas is the fact that is uniquely designed to add just the right amount of air circulation inside the tumbler. With this type of air hitting the compost, you can seriously speed up your composting time. That means you no longer have to wait up to 14 weeks to use your compost for an exquisitely lush garden.
Without proper air circulation we all know that compost will not thrive. The decomposition of materials is practically obsolete without air, and this can be an issue if you’re using a drum that is completely closed off with no air passing through.
The 50-Gallon Wheeled Compost Tumbler by Kotulas knows that you don’t want to spend too much time turning and twisting your materials to make sure all the materials can ‘breathe’ and have the ability to decompose. And that’s why they designed their structure to allow for ample air circulation. Now you don’t have to worry with turning the materials as often, and that in itself is a giant benefit to using this tumbler.
What can I say? The price is right for a compost tumbler that is crafted like this one. With a model that allows for easy pick-up and adequate circulation for supreme compost, it would be a lie to say it wasn’t worth every penny.
Ease of Use
This compost tumbler knows that ease of use is key when it comes to taking care of your garden. It’s ideal for any gardener out there that doesn’t want to suffer through the composting procedure, from gathering materials to turning the compost.
This tumbler will pick up all materials off of your garden in a flash. Just simply roll it across the yard and you’ll pick up everything you need. And when it comes to turning for perfect compost, the easy-to-turn tumbler can swiftly be maneuvered without any jams or confusion.
To put it simply, the crafting of this model is perfect. From the extra-large sized drum to the wheels and steel frame, it’s a compost tumbler that will get the job done and last for many years to come. You can find this one on Amazon: Compost Tumbler.